Welcome

You can use the "Post Archive" links in the next column to easily navigate to all of the posts. If you want to watch videos, use the links in the third column under "Site Navigation." We love you!

Dahlia's Distraction Equals Sawyer's Destruction

So here is the funny story of the month. Funny things are happening in life all the time. Laughter has a great way of making you live in the moment. And after all, we only really ever have the moment. Just think, if you are never in the moment, you are never really here at all! So how many of us are ghosts in the flesh? I am sometimes... but NEVER when I am laughing.

So... here is the story.

We were out in the pool the other day... so I am in the pool ready to catch the kids as they jump in and Drew just kind of hovers to keep an eye on us (I am the real water-baby you see). So I am playing with Dahlia in the water and I place her on her feet and I notice that she has done the inevitable. Yes, they have kept it to themselves up till now... but Dahlia finally managed to share a number 2 with us while swimming. So all hands on deck! "Drew, Drew, help, help!" I scream. Drew comes running and I leap out of the pool to get the hose. Drew takes the Little Miss out of the screened area while I screw the nozzle off the hose as the nozzle makes the water come out a little too forcefully for the Little Misses' bottom. So we get busy with the hose and Little Miss Dahlia reappears with clean lady lumps and we go on to attend to the "problem" in the pool!

So out comes the vacuum hose. We try to assemble the telescopic pole to the vacuum head but the pole just won't attach. So we figure we will do it without the pole and down the skimmer hole the hose goes. The skimmer hole provides the suction for the hose so we can vacuum leaves and OTHER things out of the pool... as necessary. We try with just the hose for a while but there doesn't seem to be any suction. Then I think, maybe we can attach the pole! I disassemble another pool cleaning item to get the part we need and finaly manage to get the whole thing put together. So I start to get busy but where is the suction? We try and try and try... we pull the hose out of the hole and then put it back in again and again. But the suction is just not there. We problem solve for a while... a long while. Let's say a few hours go by. Soon Drew is watching football (soccer) and I am outside taking apart the filter... again. Mostly I just shake things, bang things, move levers around and switch things on and off a few times. Maybe it just needed a rest! So I spend my Sunday afternoon trying to figure out where the suction went. Well where do you think it went?

So I am still out there trying to figure it out (cause I am the pool person you see). I notice that the pressure gauge is reading low. I am wondering now if the Little Man has been up to no good in the hood! I am searching outside by the pool looking for something that is missing... if ya know what I mean??? I look and all the toys are still there. I look at the long arm of Sawyer Graves. You don't know it but we have the next Peyton Manning (quarterback extraordinaire) on our hands. He likes to throw things like you wouldn't BELIEVE! Then it comes to me like a Flash Gordon. Where is the nozzle? I look high and low. I shout "nozzle, nozzle, where are you?" To no avail. The nozzle was officially MIA.

Now we are in full emergency mode. Drew comes out to take care of things (cause he's the man you see). He decides this calls for some big tool action. So off he goes to Home Depot to rent one of those clever snake things. You know what I am taking about, it is like a big corkscrew that goes through pipes and locates alien artifacts that should not be in your pipes (pity we don't have one for the human body). So he comes home and takes apart the pool equipment... again... and down goes the snake. Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle... and nothing comes out. Now I am thinking that the nozzle has been sneakily placed somewhere where nobody will ever find it again. Drew is fatigued and I hear him shout, "Oh, Michelle, one more time is all I can do. I might have to get someone to come out." Darn it, now we are thinking that we are going to have to dig up our lawn to find the illusive item. So mum... female... faint, fragile, frail female... pokes her delicate head around the corner and with a tiny, small, minuscule suggestion points and says, "have you tried that pipe?"... Drew looks in 'that pipe', reaching in WITH HIS HAND and low and behold... much to Drew's dismay, there is the offending article!

So anyway. The moral of the story is... don't get married... don't have children... and definitely don't have a life filled with fun and laughter... unless you want to be here... fully aware, present and grateful for every moment that you have.

Love to all.

You can watch the video here or it can also be located through the video 2008 link in the third column. Note: Before you watch, don't forget to turn down Enya at the bottom of the page.

1 comment:

gravesfamilyspot said...

Fun to see the energy you have and the kids are so stinkin cute... Drew is definitely lucky to have the crew around, and the crew is lucky to have Drew!! We miss you guys.
love, kimmy and james