So guess who came to Florida... Dawn and John Keogh and Ian and Beth Wright (with kids).... I know, I could hardly believe is as well! I knew if I moved to Florida that I would get some visitors from Scotland and who better to get than some real lifelong friends! And guess who came all the way from Ohio AGAIN... Auntie Jacqueline. TOO much fun! It was so nice to have them all here. I couldn't believe my luck that I was getting Jacqueline again so soon. I thought it would have been months before I saw her again. The kids were so excited when I told them that Auntie Jacqueline was coming back again. What a laugh we all had.
Dawn and company arrived one day before Jacqueline but it was late so Jacqueline did not miss too much. Dawn was traveling with her husband, John. And Ian was traveling with his Wife Beth and his three kids, Fynn, Amelia and Maddy. They were all so tired when they arrived and they went to bed almost immediately. Jacqueline arrived the next day and thank goodness everyone was still at my house. So we spent the day together at the pool. It was just so nice to be together. They went off to their villa that night and we met up again a couple of days later.
So Saturday came and the girls met up for a massage. Sooo nice! We had NO kids for almost a full day. We did a little shopping and had a bite to eat. We then went off to the villa for the evening. What a laugh we had reminiscing about old times. It was so much fun. Most of the fun was had at my expense as everyone remembered how naughty I was when I was little. What a memory some people have... IAN! Funny haha! John made his usual one-line witty comments (oh to be that sharp) and Beth was a sweetheart. Ian you did SOOOO well for yourself! Anyway, you should have been a fly on the wall.
The twins spent the night. They were so cute with Ian's kids. They LOVED these "little people". I should let them out more often! Ian's kids are so nice! Or should I say Beth's kids are so nice (haha). They were so well behaved and good natured. The twins had a great time with them all. Sawyer and Dahlia slept in their travel cots and just jabbered and giggled until they fell asleep. They were probably listening to us all laughing like we listened years ago to our mothers. I remember one night in Ireland saying to my sister that they all sounded like witches cackling in the dark of the night. I had a very over-active imagination as a child!
So the next day we went to Daytona beach. This is the only place I took photos (bummer). There are some videos on my video 2008 link in the third column. We had fun driving up the beach as Ian tried to kill the local seagulls (see he has not changed). The crazy Scottish folk swam (it was kind of cold) and the would-be Yankees (Jacqueline and me) sat and watched. The real Yankee hero got in the water with Ian and did some boogie boarding.
We want to do it again next year... maybe every year. We were talking about having a big reunion one year. Can you imagine how much fun that would be? Flights in May are REALLY cheap. I checked with an airline called flyglobespan.com. They had flights on the 1st of May for two weeks for 250 POUNDS return. Yes, that is CHEAP. NO EXCUSES ACCEPTED ANYMORE (hehe). It is direct from Glasgow to Sanford (7.5 hrs). Sanford is about 1.5 hrs away from my house. So do you think we can fill the plane???
Welcome
You can use the "Post Archive" links in the next column to easily navigate to all of the posts. If you want to watch videos, use the links in the third column under "Site Navigation." We love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
Oh, how I loved this - reading your blog and looking at your photos, brought the memories flooding back. We had such a great time and can't wait to come back. Your blog is just wonderful - how clever and talented you are, Chelle. Love you all loads. . .Dawn
Post a Comment