Welcome
You can use the "Post Archive" links in the next column to easily navigate to all of the posts. If you want to watch videos, use the links in the third column under "Site Navigation." We love you!
Toto the Turtle
So here is a fun little story. I was out kayaking on Saturday. On the way home in the truck, I met a turtle. I was driving down a busy road and I almost hit him. I looked back and I saw the car behind me hit him. He whizzed around and around as if being skimmed on the water. He ended up in the middle of the road. (The road is under construction; a new lane is being added on either side, and the center of the road is cordoned off with cones.) I thought about going back for him. I thought maybe I was just being silly. But I decided that I would go back. So I turned around. I drove up the road and parked in the middle of the road. I got out (in my bikini bottom and t-shirt) and saved the turtle. I stood in the road waiting for a break in the traffic so I could take him across and put him safely on the other side. I was really uncomfortable standing there half dressed. I got a wolf whistle, I tell you that as I am 40 next year! But I could not stand and wait for the traffic to pass so I put the turtle in the truck (in the front with me) and I decided to drive home and give him a new home in the lake by my house. I noticed that his shell had been damaged in his brush with mortality. We listened to dance music on the way home. I told him to stay in his house, which he obediently did. You see, I wasn't sure if he was a snapping turtle. So, I thought I would go and get the kids across the road to help me release him back into the wild. So Melissa and Thomas came with their mum, Susan, and we went to the lake to release him. Thomas named him Toto before we let him go. He was resting quietly in his shell until we took him to the lake. I put him down and as soon as his nose touched the water... he was off like a little rocket! So that is the story. Just an interesting thing that happened one day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Tooooo funny! I can picture every minute of it! And I would have whisteled at you and your half naked self too! Forty net year or not, you've still GOT IT! :)
By the looks of it, Toto seems to me that he is a red eared slider. Most commonly seen in pet stores. Pretty friendly. Can't say the same for the ones at the pet store I worked at back in Cali! LOL
Post a Comment